Sunday, May 20, 2012

My new beginning...

HALF MARATHON TRAINING

Yes. I have decided to train for a half marathon, I am really nervous about doing it, but really excited too!

Date: JULY 28th, 2012

I have been training for 5 weeks now and so far I am doing great! (I think!) This will seriously be one of the hardest things I have ever done. Let me tell you running is not that easy...it's hard on the body for sure! I dread the runs 3 days a week, but after I complete each run I feel so accomplished! I will be doing a 10K next monday to kind of see where I am, and how I feel.

I am just really excited to do something for myself! Also, it's rewarding putting in hard work and getting good results! I am also competitive (its in my blood! haha) So I am excited to do some races again like the old days in high school!

I have never been a long distance runner, so this is definitely different for me. I ended up buying a GPS watch to help me with my pace, heart rate, etc. I LOVE IT! I do not think I would be able to train without it! Well I will let you all know how this training goes....!

1 comment: